CASE STUDY: KABAYAN HYPERMARKET
Key pain area for big retailers, especially in the hypermarket segment are the wafer thin margins. With 60% of the business coming from food and grocery, the inventory comes with an expiry date, high shrinkage and high pilferage. At Kabayan Hypermarket, the senior management was unable to see the correct sales figures and consolidated view of available inventory. Fragmented data and inaccessibility of clear view was a major contributor to delayed decision making and was a severe hindrance in future expansion plans of the company.
Reduced efficiency and man hours spent in uploading and downloading the sales invoice data to the server for consolidation of inventory too was big concern. In addition ascertaining pilferage was a remote task since data was being stored at different locations leading to constant discrepancy in stocks level.
While conducting sales the operator had difficulties in selecting the retail price & offer price which lengthened the transaction time raising customer dissatisfaction. Calculation errors, mismatched reports and a complex interface added to the overall operational chaos, hence they decided to move ahead with Axanta ERP.
Company wanted to take advantage of the latest retail technology in order to offer its customers the most efficient and streamlined purchasing experience, with a focus on fast, effective, and efficient service to each customer. They also needed an integrated solution which facilitates control on their stores. Axanta ERP met the group's technology and expansion requirements by smoothly upgrading to a Retail system that gives accurate, reliable & integrated data as expected.
Axanta ERP was able to manage Kabayan’s inventory to keep a check of the inventory level so that it never went out of stock. Also, it allowed them to set a warning level and alert them when it reaches the minimum level so they can restock their warehouse beforehand. It tracked what is going out and what is coming in hence keeping a track of products in demand and stagnant products leading to less expenditure. It also organized and optimized the warehouse.
Kabayan Hypermarkets were able to see their profit meter, comparing the profit history and much more. All the data from daily sales and every department helped them make better decisions. It allowed them to see which product is bringing in more profit, who are their highest value customers, best sales executives, etc, graphically hence making perfect decisions about their business.
The integrated system empowers store associates to build better relationships, engage with their customers and elevate their sales profitability to new levels.
- Headquarters : Kuwait
- Industry : Retail Hypermarket
- Solution : Axanta ERP & Retail Management Suite
Axanta Business Solution fulfills Kabayan Hypermarket's need for a fully integrated Retail Management Solution
Kabayan Hypermarket is a chain of grocery stores operating in Kuwait since 2018. They started with a single store in Salmiya and now have successfully established one more store nationally. Kabayan Hypermarket has plans to open up a chain of stores and will go soon live with their Online Hypermarket. The Hypermarket is spread over thousands of sq. ft. area and has over 10 tills operational to cater huge footfalls at the store.
Operations Manager, Kabayan Hypermarket
- Complete view of Inventory and Sales data was unavailable
- Inefficient stock monitoring and movement
- Inaccuracy in stock due to duplication in work
- No real time data
- Delayed decision making due to inadequate information
- Complex Sales and Invoicing process
- Unmanageable data consolidation and audits
- Retailer was unable to sell combination offers, run promotions or reach out to customers
- Data compilation at one single place at Head Office
- Comprehensive merchandise visibility across the retail chain at all times
- Improved decision-making process for effective retail management
- Better understanding of customer buying preferences
- Increased Speed and Accuracy in processing transactions
- Quick and Easy Control in Inventory using PDT Devices
- Significant improvement in invoicing